about the specialization
Demand for studying illustration in our country exceeds the current possibilities of universities. This field of study is also designed to fill the gap between the focus of the graduates of existing fields and the requirements of practice.
Comics and Illustration for Children is a specialty of the Graphic Design and Illustration study program. It is an academically focused preparation of creative personalities working in the field of visual arts. Its pillars are creation, reflection and interpretation. The focus of the students 'preparation is studio teaching, which develops the students' technical and technological prowess, as well as their creative crossing in order to enrich their own style of expression. Primarily, the studio instruction is focused on the thematic level according to the concept of the authorial student's artistic project with the aim to achieve its exposure, or application in practice or application sphere. The core courses are complemented by theoretical disciplines focused on the competence development of students in the areas of reception, reflection and interpretation of their own and foreign work. Students are trained to be able to perceive this knowledge in a broader context and to convey it to professional and general audiences in at least one world language.
The Final State Examination (hereinafter referred to as FSE) is carried out in the form of a general discussion according to the specified topics.
Parts of the Final State Examination:
- Defense of the practical and theoretical parts of the thesis, which was submitted in advance
- Exam in the theory and history of the field (specialization)
- Exam in the History of Art, the History of Applied Arts and Aesthetics
Part of the Final State Examination is to develop and defend the final thesis, which includes a theoretical part and the student′s own work of art.
Examples of Master′s thesis topics:
In the Master's thesis, the processing of the topic differs from the Bachelor's thesis by the extent and depth of the grasp of the topic.
- Illustrated book of poetry
- Illustrated book of fiction
- Illustration of historical fiction
- Illustration for children − fairytales
- Illustration for children − adventure literature
- Digital interactive book or magazine
- Design of book cover
- Drawing cycle on a literary theme
- Graphic cycle on a literary theme
- Book as an object